Monday, August 23, 2010

In the Heat of the Summer Sunshine

The summer is almost over.

It's strange; when I was small this season seemed to stretch on endlessly. Even when I switched to a school that only gave roughly six weeks for vacation as opposed to the nine everyone else got, it felt like forever.

This is the summer that was terribly short. I don't think I mind that so much. I'm tired of the heat, of the sound of fans blowing constantly. I'm tired of walking somewhere and having the back of my hair get all sweaty and sticky. I'm rather eager for some cool night and the smell of fall.

I don't think I'm looking forward to school. I set up my schedule so I only have to be on campus two days a week. (This frees up time for my freelancing, my homework, and adjusting my sleep schedule.) But I usually go all four days, just so that I can make use of the tutoring center and the internet, and yes; see my friends.

But I won't miss this sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment